ESDI vs SCSI

Usenet file owner usenet at cps3xx.UUCP
Mon Apr 10 05:25:03 AEST 1989

in article <6628 at mrspoc.UUCP>, itkin at mrspoc.UUCP (Steven M. List) says:
> Can anyone out there educate me a bit?

I can't comment on ESDI vs SCSI. However, at work I have on my desk a
12.5 MHz 286 box using a 40MB Quantum SCSI drive with SCO XENIX 2.2.3.
I am the only one hooked to the machine (w/ 4MB RAM). The through
is just fine. One word of warning, since the kernel needs the SCSI
driver installed, you have to gen a kernel on a machine with a normal AT
drive and make a new N1 disk. I assume this is the same case for ESDI.

I've always been under the impression that ESDI is faster than SCSI. Or
is this a mistaken impression? I think I can safely say that SCSI is
cheaper then ESDI.

John H. Lawitzke           UUCP: Work: ...rutgers!mailrus!frith!jhl
Dale Computer Corp., R&D               ...decvax!purdue!mailrus!frith!jhl
2367 Science Parkway                   ...uunet!frith!jhl
Okemos, MI, 48864                Home: ...uunet!frith!ipecac!jhl