XBBS question

Sandford Zelkovitz sandy at conexch.UUCP
Thu Apr 13 06:46:29 AEST 1989

In article <3724 at megatest.UUCP>, palowoda at megatest.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:

>  ------------------------------------------------------
>  I'm running XBBS 7.2.3 and want to upgrade to 7.3.0. I have
>  the sources and compiled it. I had to add the -LARGE switch
>  to compile bbsc1.c (to get rid of OUT OF HEAP message) other
>  than that the Make file is what is supplied.
>  -----------------------------------------------------------
>  Now for the problem. When I run the new bbsc1 and go to the
>  (F)iles area it reports that there is a problem opening the
>  files area. I did some printf's after it does a
>  strcpy(buf128,AREAS) and it looks as if it's a NULL. Nothing

Bob.... The problems is that Xenix286 is running out of heap space. This
problem actually started with version 7.2.5 and I haven't really had the
time to fix it for the 286 version. Under Xenix386, all is well. Until I
get the chance, you can easily modify the strcpy line to implicity load
into buf128 the actually "ORGPATH" for your system. This, I know, will
work until I move some of the dynamic buffers to a static region.

Sandy

P.S.    I have/had a message on my system about the 286 problem. Know you
        know why I went to a 386 machine under Xenix386!

Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz     XBBS  ---- 714-898-8634