VP/ix keyboard problem

David F. McCune dfm at sagepub.UUCP
Sun Apr 16 05:04:15 AEST 1989

I am running VP/ix on a Xenix 2.3.1 system on an Everex
Step/25 machine. When I run many DOS applications from the
console using VP/ix, the system seems to buffer one keystroke
until a second key is hit.  Once the second key is hit, both
keystrokes are executed.

For example, when I run Quattro and hit the right-arrow key,
the cursor doesn't move.  But if I hit the right-arrow key
again, it moves two cells.

Obviously, this behavior makes VP/ix almost useless for many
interactive applications.

Have I configured VP/ix incorrectly?  Does anyone know of
a fix or workaround?

Thanks much!

David

--
                 David McCune, Sage Publications, Inc.
           2111 West Hillcrest Drive, Newbury Park, CA 91320