Question about SCO Xenix and stack size

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Sun Apr 23 03:26:20 AEST 1989

In article <12743 at pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> c184-bw at holden.Berkeley.EDU (Percy "Mr. Fun" Schwartz) writes:
}
}I recently ported a program from an Altos 2086 running Altos Xenix
}3.4b to an 80286 based AT clone running SCO Xenix 2.2.1.
}The program compiles and links O.K. but it dumps core at run time,
}giving the classic "Stack overflow - Bus error: core dumped" message.
}
}Can somebody tell me how I can increase the stack size?
}What is the default stack size for the SCO (Microsoft?) compiler?
}(I know I should RTFM but its in another office that I can't get to -
}no flames please):-).

When loading you can use the "-F" option to set the size of the stack.
Otherwise you can use the "fixhdr" program to do the same thing.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon