ESDI vs SCSI

Usenet file owner usenet at cps3xx.UUCP
Sun Apr 23 09:31:55 AEST 1989

in article <3400010 at cpe>, neese at cpe.UUCP says:
>>True, SCSI requires the kernel twiddling.  False, ESDI doesn't: it works
>>out of the box (once you figure out what the low-level parameters are: drive
>>type, etc).  This is the case with SCO Xenix, anyway.
>
> False again, SCO has support for SCSI also.

Please elaborate. I have both SCO 2.2.3 and 2.3 and haven't come across
it. Support for which type of SCSI controller? We use a controller
compatible with a Future DOmain 840 and have to use Future Domain
driver.

John H. Lawitzke           UUCP: ...rutgers!mailrus!frith!jhl
Dale Computer Corp., R&D         ...decvax!purdue!mailrus!frith!jhl
2367 Science Parkway             ...uunet!frith!jhl
Okemos, MI, 48864                ...uunet!frith!ipecac!jhl