A question about 386 binaries

Jim Morton jim at applix.UUCP
Tue Apr 25 23:38:00 AEST 1989

In article <616 at marob.MASA.COM>, daveh at marob.MASA.COM (Dave Hammond) writes:
> Does anyone know if there is any AT&T-mandated policy that all Sys VR3.2
> 386 ports run COFF binaries, Xenix binaries, or both?

BOTH! I can't quote AT&T licensing, but since COFF is their native format
and Xenix binary support, VP/ix and DOSMerge support were basically the
whole idea behind V.3.2, anything that says it is Unix System V/386 3.2
will have that support. The key is realizing things that aren't V.3.2
based (like AIX PS/2...)
--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
UUCP: ...harvard!m2c!applix!jim