VP/ix keyboard problem

Tom Betz tbetz at lilink.UUCP
Wed Apr 26 12:05:47 AEST 1989

Quoth mikej at lilink.UUCP (Michael R. Johnston) in <602 at lilink.UUCP>:
|In article <1316 at sagepub.UUCP> dfm at sagepub.UUCP (David F. McCune) writes:
|>When I run many DOS applications from the
|>console using VP/ix, the system seems to buffer one keystroke
|>until a second key is hit.  Once the second key is hit, both
|>keystrokes are executed.
|
|I have experienced the same problem on an HP Vectra QS/16. SCO is aware
|of this problem and it is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming release
|of VP/ix. DOS 3.3 is also going to be included. I think that it may have
|already begun shipping. Someone correct me on this.

I'm using VP/ix 1.1, which includes DOS 3.3.  At least on my Wyse
3216, it still has the keyboard buffering problem.  I am also
limited (using the WY-995 serial card) to running all my
terminals at 9600 bps, whether or not the terminal in question is
running VP/ix.   Another annoyance.  As I have heard that SCO is
abandoning VP/ix for DOSmerge in future releases, don't expect
either of these things to be fixed anytime soon.

|--

--
"Still I sing bonny boys, bonny mad boys,      |  Tom Betz, 114 Woodworth Ave.
 Bedlam boys are bonny, for they all go bare,  |    Yonkers, NY 10701-2509