rmail return codes

Tony Field tony at ajfcal.UUCP
Wed Apr 26 02:01:46 AEST 1989

I am trying to determine the cause of the following error message which
was returned after mail transfer to another system. Both system use
Xenix, elm2.2 and smail2.5. The originator of mail transfer uses Xenix
2.2.3. The recipient (who also returns this error message) uses Xenix 2.3.1.

         remote execution     [uucp job ajfcalX4506 (4/24-22:53:09)]
              rmail root
         exited with status 2

I initially thought that is exit status was the traditional:

	  2  ENOENT  No	such file or directory:
	       This error occurs when a	filename is specified and the
	       file should exist but doesn't, or when one of the
	       directories in a	pathname does not exist.

however, it does not make sense...    Any suggestions???????