more than 8 heads?

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Sat Apr 8 04:15:37 AEST 1989

In article <7759 at killer.Dallas.TX.US>, tony at killer.Dallas.TX.US (Tony Holden) writes:
> I think I saw this a while back but can't find it anywhere.
>
> I picked up a Fujitsu 72meg hd. with 754 cyl and *11* heads.
>
> Badtrk will scan the entire hd., but mkfs will not give me the entire 70meg
> and will also not give a useable filesystem.

This is an old bug (actually in the documentation).  If the disk has
more than 8 heads you need to set the control field to 8 when you
are initializing the disk.  It is in one of the menus when you
set up the drive.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl