2nd hd-controller

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Tue Apr 11 23:28:00 AEST 1989

Written  2:53 pm  Apr  9, 1989 by impch.UUCP!patg in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>We're using SCO 2.3.1 with an ESDI-controller. We're suffering under
>a serious problem: as soon we get a bigger disk, we fill it up and
>need more diskspace... This takes no end, and that's a REAL problem. ;-)
>
>SCO 2.3.1 now supports a second controller (as mentioned in the release notes).
>Is there anyone out there using a second hd-controller under SCO2.3.1
>who can give us some hints regarding the type of controller,
>IO-base address, irq-vector ( 15 ? ) and so on ?

Hint 1:	(According to my documentation on a slightly different version)
	Systems with an ESDI controller can't add another controller.

Hint 2:	We have a purely pre-release system "running" with 1077 Meg(!)
	of HD space on one SCSI controller.  (We have the potential --
	today -- to run with over 2 Gig on one SCSI controller and we
	can still add a second!)

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			{killer | texbell}!cpe!tif