Best Route to Programming Career

Lisa Laguna lisa at cs.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 1 07:06:27 AEST 1989

Just a thanks to all out there who took the time to respond to my
posting.  I have received many good ideas--some of which had never
occurred to me.  I feel encouraged now and am much wiser to how it
really is out there.

I've decided to look into possible co-op programs with big companies,
as well as check into graduate programs.  I also think I should look
into business programming, as I might be more geared to that.

As far as the Mac, I think I better learn the IBM for now and use the
Mac for my own pleasure (at least until I'm more experienced).

I just found out that I'm starting a family sooner than I thought, so
my plans are going to be put off about a year and a half, but
hopefully during this time I can read and learn a lot and get a better idea
of what interests me, and possibly even take a course here and there,
and thoroughly look into companies that might give me a chance.

Thanks again.

Lisa