Trouble with TB Plus (Please Help!!)

Grant Fengstad grant at clleth.UUCP
Tue Aug 22 06:20:09 AEST 1989

I am having some wierd problems with my Telebit Trailblazer Plus modem.
Firstly, I will inform all on the equipment this is running on:

	Compaq 386s Computer System
	100MB Hard Drive
	5 MB Ram
	Xenix 386 2.3.2

The modem is connected into the standard port (9 pin RS-232C).  The problem
I am experiencing is with Netnews transfers.  At the 19,200 baud speed,
uucico is reporting transmission faults from my host feed.  My effective
transfer rate sucks, to put it bluntly.  What is happening is as news
is being queued to transfer, the modem appears to time out and reports
 Alarm 1
 Alarm 2
 Alarm 3, etc etc.

If I kick the modem speed down to 9600 via my Systems file, it transfers
without any errors.

What I have done to try and solve this problem so far is connect the modem
to another port (I have another 25 pin RS-232).  This did not make any
difference.  I also have a Digiboard Com/Xi 8 port board, but the modem
won't even work on this configuration.  My modem register settings are as
follows:

	S50=0 S51=254 S52=2 S53=3 S54=3 S58=2 S66=0

I've tried changing my S58 to 3 (no change)
I've tried changing S51=5 and S66=1 (no change)

This has really got me stumpted.  Does anyone out there have any suggestions
at all?  Please....

--
Grant M. Fengstad     "The ideas expressed are my own - not my employers"
Sr. CSR, Systems Integration - ComputerLand (Canada)