SCO Xenix 286 2.3 Kernel - Mult Data Seg?

Doug Toppin toppin at melpar.UUCP
Thu Dec 7 22:52:37 AEST 1989

We are running SCO Xenix 2.2.3 on the 286.
I am having trouble with kernel configuration parameters
making the kernel too large to link. I have had to reduce
the parameters to significantly smaller values than are
the defaults. This is due to adding several vendor drivers for
multiport card, windowing, and network. One of the vendors
has said that the Xenix 2.3 solves this problem but didn't know how.
A tech support person at SCO told me that 2.3 would make no difference.
I would like confirmation of this from anyone that has had
similar problems or knows anything about it. If you are aware of
anything along this line please drop me a line.
thanks
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin