Key board input driver.....

barton barton at holston.UUCP
Thu Feb 23 01:19:42 AEST 1989

In article <566 at marob.MASA.COM>, daveh at marob.MASA.COM (Dave Hammond) writes:
> In article <2887 at udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> evh at vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Troy Saville) writes:
> >
> >I apparently blew out the keyboard input driver on xenix 2.2.1
> >running on an ncr 916. Some keys didn't produce anything
> >on any virtual terminals, some keys produced control
> >sequences, the alt key didn't work, the control key didn't
>
> Strange things will occur if you modify the keyboard strings map
> via "setkey" or ioctl(GIO_STRMAP) and overflow the provided buffer.

This seems especially true on NCR keyboards, for instance I am
running SCO 2.2 on an NCR PC8 and when I issue setkey 16 "string"
the string actually loads into F14.

The same is true for F11 through F30 some of which will not even
load with setkey.

Has anyone figured out how to make the NCR keyboard behave as
advertized?

Barton A. Fisk                Voice: 318-439-5984
Barton A. Fisk & Co.
PO Box 1781
Lake Charles, La.  70602-1781

UUCP: { texbell, killer }!warble!holston!barton
INTERNET: barton at holston.UUCP