Yet Another Slow Printer

Jim Morris morris at dms.UUCP
Thu Feb 2 04:06:47 AEST 1989

>From article <491 at marob.MASA.COM>, by daveh at marob.MASA.COM (Dave Hammond):
> I know this has been thrashed around a hundred times, but I've got
> a problem with a slow parallel printer that just won't go away.
>
> The system is an Everex 386, 20Mhz., running SCO 2.3.1.  The printer is an
> < stuff deleted>
> --
> Dave Hammond
> ...!uunet!masa.com!{marob,dsix2}!daveh

Apparently SCO has a fix for v2.3.1 for slow parallel printers, call SCO
support, or Email them, for the fix, I don't recall the fix number.

FYI There are some other fixes available for v2.3.1

	o	Cron problem
	o	PS - seek error problem
	o	a problem with MAPKEY
	o	a problem with RTS/CTS on serial lines

These are the ones that interested me, there are others which didn't
apply to my situation, It may be an idea to ask if there are any others.
--
Jim Morris.         			 morris at dms.UUCP or weitek!dms!morris
           Atari Games Corporation, Sycamore Drive, Milpitas CA 95035.