SCO(386) 2.3.1 cron & crontab's

Richard Greenall richard at berner.UUCP
Sun Feb 19 01:16:33 AEST 1989

Welcome to the world of xenix crontabs.  I have been pounding my head
against the wall about this one for about a month now.  If you give
SCO a call, they will tell you that there is a fix disk available  (sorry
I can't tell you the number, as mine has yet to arrive).  A couple of
things which you might try in the meantime is to run the job a few minutes
after midnight (strange things happen at midnight (-:  ) and to run
/bin/true once every hour from the crontab (it seems that cron has this
thing about sleeping forever if left to its own accord for long lengths of
time)

Now on to bigger and better things (-:

During the last 2-3 weeks, with XENIX 2.3.1, We have had a few dozen things
go wrong at the worst moments, and it always seems that SCO knows about it,
and has a fix disk available.  In the last few weeks we have had sent to us

		ps seek error fix
		cron tab fix
		doscp fix
		parallel line printer fix
		and various uucp fixes.

My 2.3.1 operating system no longer resembles the original )-:  Has anyone
else been stung by other "features" in 2.3.1 for which a fix disk was
available?  If you have, let me know so that I can get put in a mass
order for these things before I get burned again.

			thanks

			richard Greenall
			uunet!dptcdc!berner!richard

P.S.  Is there a listing of all these bug fix disks available?