Need advice on a tape drive

Richard Skrenta skrenta at eecs.nwu.edu
Tue Feb 14 10:40:42 AEST 1989

I need to add some form of tape backup to my Xenix system.  I need an
external model since all of the space inside my clone is full.  I assume this
means that the drive will need its own controller, and won't be able to sap
off of the B: drive cable.

It seems that most of the tape backup units out there were primarily designed
for DOS; some manufacturers even charge extra for the Xenix drivers.  And
I've seen some horror stories about tape units posted here....

Does anyone know of a model that they can recommend?  Any to stay away from?

Please e-mail, and I'll post if there's interest.

Thanks,

Rich Skrenta
skrenta at gamma.eecs.nwu.edu