TCP/IP under SCO Xenix

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed Feb 15 05:06:50 AEST 1989

In article <291 at Portia.Stanford.EDU> mikef at portia.UUCP (Michael Fallavollita) writes:
| Does anyone know of or have any basic TCP/IP utilities that will run
| under SCO Xenix?  We have an IBM Model 80 and two AT's running xenix
| and we have just purchased Western Digital Ethercards for all the machines.
| (a /A card for the Model 80)  We'd like to connect them to each other and the
| world but don't like the $600 price tag that SCO will be putting on the
| TCP/IP system.

  I hate to ask, but why did you buy the cards without checking the
software you need? This is one purchase which should be software driven.
Buy what you need and get the hardware that works.

  For the record, Excelan supplies TCP for their cards with all the
usual routines and a socket library. I hope WD can help you find
software, SCO quoted me a delivery of 3Q89 yesterday. They would not
give me a price, so perhaps your guess of $600 is too high.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)