Northgate 102 keyboard

Phil Hughes fyl at fylz.UUCP
Wed Feb 8 09:57:30 AEST 1989

Although this isn't exactly the right group, I feel it is about the
closest.  It is about keyboards for AT-like boxes.  DOS people wouldn't
understand so the pc group didn't seem right. I have been looking
for a keyboard that didn't feel like it had a sponge in it and also had
the <esc> key where it belongs (for us VI users at least) for quite a
while.  The only one that I found that looked reasonable was the Northgate
Omni Key/102.  In spite of the horrible reputation they seem to have for
computers, the keyboard seems to work.  Nice feel and the <esc> key next
to the 1.  The ~ key is at the right end of the space bar and the \ is
to the right of the right shift key but I can live with that.

I won't describe anymore as they have huge ads in most of the pc magazines
so suffice it to say that it seems to work on a generic 386 box (this one
is running ENIX but I tried it on our XENIX box as well.

--
Phil Hughes  -- FYL -- 8315 Lk City Wy NE -- Suite 207 -- Seattle, WA 98115

{uw-beaver!tikal,uunet!pilchuck}!ssc!fylz!fyl