two HD controllers under SCO 2.3.1

Keith Gabryelski ag at elgar.UUCP
Wed Feb 15 07:12:32 AEST 1989

In article <3400004 at cpe> neese at cpe.UUCP writes:
>In article <something at elgar> ag at elgar.UUCP (Keith Gabryelski)
>>[I used the word `hack' to describe the useful second hd controller
>> stuff for SCO XENIX.]
>
>Actually, the 'hacks' were done by SCO in a supported product.  Version
>2.2.4 is not relagated to Tandy only, SCO makes it available to OEM's
>only though.  If you have ever installed 2.2.4 you would find that
>it was not hacked together.  All utilities work as should (i.e. divvy,
>mkdev,..).  Give SCO credit on this product, they did a good job.

My apologies if my post sounded in any way derogatory.  I should
possibly adopt the more formal use of the word `hack' as in
`minor/less than optimal hack' instead of the less formal (my
preference); as in `great hack!'.

Anyway, SCO did an excellent job on expanding the system for second hd
controllers.

Pax, Keith
--
ag at elgar.CTS.COM         Keith Gabryelski          ...!{ucsd, crash}!elgar!ag