inodes running out

Steve Fullerton scf at statware.UUCP
Fri Feb 3 03:12:06 AEST 1989

>In article <197720 at hrc.UUCP> dan at hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) writes:
>
>I am installing a news connection on a SCO Xenix 2.3 386 system, and we
>are running out of inodes continually. I have set aside more than 60000 inodes
>for the spool disk, and we still run out. I have much less on a Unix 5.3 box.

Make sure that you running out of inodes on the disk, not the kernel.  It
is real easy to get a system message "no more inodes" (or something like
that) when the kernel is out of inodes.  If this is the case, up the size
of NINODE and build another kernel.  I used to get this when running VP/ix
and having TCP/IP running at the same time.

--
Steve Fullerton                        Statware, Inc.
scf%statware.uucp at cs.orst.edu          260 SW Madison Ave, Suite 109