tmp file too large

David F. McCune dfm at sagepub.UUCP
Mon Feb 27 05:00:35 AEST 1989

I recently re-installed xenix 2.3.1 after a disk failure.  The only
change I made during installation was to decrease the size of the
swap area a bit.  When I now try to edit large files with vi,
I am told "tmp file too large" and the file is truncated.  I am
sure that a week ago, before the reinstall, I was able to edit
these files.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

David