HDB UUCP Problem

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Tue Feb 7 14:14:29 AEST 1989

I have run across another problem using flow control with Telebit-Plus
modem! This one seems to be in uucico. If I have a user log into the system,
using a standard shell, and I do a "stty" on the port, ctsflow is enabled
< I call it out in my gettydefs file >. HOWEVER, when I do a "stty" command
while a uucp transfer is in progress at 19.2K baud, I get returned
a -ctsflow !!!!!!  It seems that SCO must be doing an ioctl call in uucico
which removes the preset terminal parameters. Actually, they should since
uucp should be running at 8N1. But CTSFLOW SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED if enabled!

I have sent two requests already to SCO for their CTS/RST Flow control
patches; however, I have not heard a single word from them. I am wondering
if one of the patches is to uucico to allow the preset getty/gettydef
parameters to be used without changes in uucico.

<sandy>

--
Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz               XBBS   714-898-8634
UUCP: ....att!hermix!alphacm!sandy      ....trwrb!ucla-an!alphacm!sandy