Everex Step 386/20 -- Power-up problems!

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Thu Feb 16 03:16:10 AEST 1989

In article <1989Feb14.175249.25055 at ateng.ateng.com>, chip at ateng.ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
> If you powered them on while the printer was on and connected, they were
> dead.  Nothing.  Nada.  Not even the fancy front panel display.
>
> So has anyone else had this trouble with Everex Step 386 motherboards?  Are
> we the only Everex users with printers and Archive tapes?  What's going on?
> --
> Chip Salzenberg             <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>

We have used Steps here since last spring.  We have had *1* customer report
of this sort (rev E) and were unable to duplicate the problem here (Everex
QIC-02 tape card.)  By my experience, not all revs of E boards will fail with
certain devices attached, but those that do really suck.  I'm glad I know what
this little deal is now.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll