Xenix mail system

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.ateng.com
Sun Feb 12 07:53:06 AEST 1989

According to karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger):
>Well, having smail3 here, and LOVING it, I can say this:
>We modified it to handle a completely different transport mechanism AND
>routing requirements in about two hours.  It drops right in place of
>"execmail" (I linked it to /bin/rmail & /bin/smail too for good measure).

Although the options accepted by execmail and Smail3 are *very* similar --
they both seem to imitate Sendmail -- they are not identical.  A version
of my execm program comes with Smail3; it should be used in place of execmail
when you install Smail3.

BTW, a version of execm for Smail2 is included in my Smail2 Xenix patches.
--
Chip Salzenberg             <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
A T Engineering             Me?  Speak for my company?  Surely you jest!