386 Xenix 2.2.1 -> 2.3.1 and VP/IX.

Tom Betz tbetz at dasys1.UUCP
Fri Feb 3 21:23:25 AEST 1989

Quoth chip at ateng.ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) in <1989Jan31.161458.19124 at ateng.ateng.com>:
|According to clewis at ecicrl.UUCP (Chris Lewis):
|>Any problems with Xenix 2.3.1 and WD1007-? ESDI controllers?
|
|Not here.  We (A T Engineering) have been installing Everex Step 20 machines
|with WD1007 ESDI controllers and CDC drives.  Nary a hiccup (so far :-)).

Chip, are you installing tape drives with those?  I just received the latest
rev controller chip for my Wyse-supplied WD 1007, which in earlier revs was
known by Wyse to be incompatible with the Wangtech tape drive controller they
also supplied, and was supposed to be compatible in this rev.  Unfortunately,
it is displaying some of the same behavior (hangs while doing a bad block
check using Wyse's DOS SETUP program... also used to hang while initializing,
when I saw it hang during disk check, I decided not to try that one, and
just kept the old low-level format I had done with the Wangtech card removed)
the old rev displayed.

I just received the latest rev of the motherboard and daughterboard, too...
I'm getting a little frustrated, to put it mildly.  So far, the reinstallation
of Xenix is going okay, but I hope I don't have to go through this again...

--
"Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance.  It's the thing that makes
 America great.  If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we