RLL Controllers

bill vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Thu Feb 16 00:26:38 AEST 1989

In article <323 at Portia.Stanford.EDU> mikef at portia.UUCP (Michael Fallavollita) writes:

>Has anyone had any trouble with RLL controllers on 386 machines?
>I have tried both the Adaptec 2372B and an OMTI RLL controller
>and have had very weird errors.  The adaptec worked for about a week
>before I got sector not found errors and finally boot errors.

It sounds to me like you have a DRIVE that is not approved for RLL.
Your description sounds like the typical non-RLL drive trying to be used for
RLL.  And since you didn't mention the drive make & model your problem
can't be diagnosed thoroughly.  And how about the machine it is in?

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP