VPIX and other SCO complaints

Dave H Close compata at cup.portal.com
Wed Feb 1 14:55:54 AEST 1989

Everyone on this net can certainly send email to SCO (uunet!sco!support).
They don't seem to know how to process it, it sometimes gets lost or doesn't
receive appropriate priority.  However, that seems to be getting better.
I theory, email should be more efficient for all concerned.  I've encountered
analysts who are willing to bs for 10-15 minutes about non-critical issues;
while I appreciate the info, I'm sure that others waiting would appreciate
us getting off the line.  So why don't we try to train SCO to use email as
first priority?  Let's all send them mail whenever we have a problem (maybe
in addition to a phone call for urgent problems).  It should be possible for
SCO to get some people to work overtime or from home answering email questions
with serious improvement for their schedule and our response.

Dave Close, Compata, Arlington, Texas