Xenix Shared Memory Limitation

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Tue Feb 28 23:22:00 AEST 1989

Written 10:37 am  Feb 23, 1989 by melpar.UUCP!toppin in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>We have been assuming that we would allocate 21-65K shared memory
>segments and just divide up the records into the segments.
>We just tried a simple test and we can allocate the segments with no problem.
>But, when any process is run at any other terminal
>while the segments exist only a shell prompt comes back.

Just guessing: I suspect that the shared memory segments are not
allowed (why?) to leave real memory.  Memory must be real tight
and the fork is failing.  (Get more memory)

Anybody agree?

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			{killer | texbell}!cpe!tif