Some more questions about Xenix

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Thu Jan 19 05:59:00 AEST 1989

Written 12:56 pm  Jan 17, 1989 by okstate.UUCP!klarich in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>I will need 4 serial ports.
I'm gonna let someone that's more sure of their info talk about that.

>How much of the docs is not provided with the man pages?

The paper manuals not included in the electronic man pages are:

Administrator's guide, User's guide, 2 programmer's guides,
Text Processing guide, and CGI manuals.

The following ARE included in the man pages:

cat.C		Everyday Commands (cat, sort, etc)
cat.CP		programmer commands (cc, etc)
cat.CT		Text Commands (nroff, troff, tbl, etc)
cat.DOS		Dos filesystem cmds (doscp, doscat, etc)
cat.F		File Formats (core, tar, cpio, etc)
cat.HW		HW devices (hd, fd, etc)
cat.LOCAL	empty unless you add something
cat.M		Maintenance (aliases, messages, imagen, etc)
cat.S		System routines (open, read, printf, etc)

Boy, I bet if you're reading this with a voice synthesiser, my style
of writing (with lots of graphical punctuation) is really difficult.

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			{killer | texbell}!cpe!tif