bootable floppy: now what?

Kevin Ross kevinro at microsoft.UUCP
Sat Jan 14 12:28:30 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jan12.222309.22766 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> milan at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Milan Strnad) writes:
>I've just started using SCO Xenix on a Compaq 386/25 with 9 Meg memory.
>Nice.  The docco states I can make a bootable floppy.  Well, I made one,
>and booted off of it, but now what?  As far as I can see, I can use
>almost none of the standard command to do system maintenance with.
>Any ideas?

You can mount your normal file system, if you wish, and have all of the
commands available. The bootable floppy is usually used to restore the
normal system in the event of a crash, or if your kernal gets trashed.
It isn't intended to be a full blown working system. If you don't have any
sort of bootable floppy, and your hard drive crashes, there will be no
way to bring xenix up to restore your backups.