Makefile question

Devon Tuck tuck at iris.ucdavis.edu
Sat Jan 7 19:14:55 AEST 1989

I am having difficulties using a Makefile for compiling LPI-Fortran
programs.  The following does not work for me, and I assume I have not
scrutinized the make instructions well enough to catch the problem.

test:	test.o
	ldfortran -o test test.o
test.o:	test.f
	lpifortran test.f

The error I get is:

NAME: ldfortran   -  Command not found
INAME: lpifortran -  Command not found
.
.
etc.

It may or may not be helpful to know that make seems to work for me under
some conditions for lpifortran command, and even when I substitute
something like "date" for ldfortran, but if I try to substitute a shell
script  I get an error as well.

If any of you have successfully "made" with ldfortran, just mailing me your
makefile will do wonerfully.

Thanks,
	Devon