Need help getting SCO Xenix 2.2 & DOS 3.3 onto non-standard hard disk

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Fri Jan 13 04:56:08 AEST 1989

In article <770 at rabbit1.UUCP> robert at rabbit1.UUCP (Robert Oliver) writes:
| I'm attempting to load SCO Xenix 2.2 and DOS 3.3 onto an actual IBM PC AT.
| That's not a real problem (just a pain).  The problem is that it contains
| a non-standard (i.e., doesn't exactly match any BIOS defined type of) drive.

  I'm running a setup like that. If you can live with 32MB partitions
you can use BIGDISK for the DOS partition(s). Xenix should handle
anything, I've changed disks and controllers about five times in the
last year, and had no trouble.

  BIGDISK was sent to the comp.binaries.ibm.pc group (I think it may be
defunct) and is available from SIMTEL20. I wrote it because the version
of DM we were using showd best performance at 5:1 interleave, vs 3:1
without. BIGDISK doesn't use any TSR's except for formatting, and is
no-fee software.

  If you feel up to reformatting your disk again I'll send you a copy.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)