v06i011: replacement "man" program

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Fri Jan 27 17:20:03 AEST 1989

In article <47276 at uunet.UU.NET> chip at vector.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>Posting-number: Volume 6, Issue 11
>Submitted-by: chip at vector.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal)
>Archive-name: ya-man

Oooops.  I think this got messed up in the ncoast->uunet move.  I had
asked Brandon to sit on this a bit ... but it snuck out.  This program
won't handle preformatted SysV manual pages correctly.  It wants, for
example, the preformatted "ls" manual page to be in:

    /usr/man/u_man/cat1/ls.1

rather than

    /usr/man/catman/u_man/man1/ls.1

However if you are running SCO XENIX, I recommend that you take a look
at this.  It allows you to use the distributed manual pages as is, but
organize your local manual pages in a more reasonable way.

Right now the SysV compatibility fix is a couple of items down in the
to-do queue.  If there is interest in an SysV-compatible version, I'd be
glad to issue an update in the not-too-distant future.
--
Chip Rosenthal     chip at vector.UUCP    |      Choke me in the shallow water
Dallas Semiconductor   214-450-5337    |         before I get too deep.