Disk controllers and weird booting rituals.

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Tue Jan 24 01:58:12 AEST 1989

In article <372 at merk.UUCP> brennan at merk.UUCP (Rich Brennan) writes:

>  I've just upgraded to this WD-1007 ESDI controller, and it has this
>weird boot sequence:
>
>	  Hard reset the machine (i.e. the reset button), and the machine
>	does its RAM scan, etc. I get a "Hard Disk Controller failed"
>	message from (I think) my BIOS. However, if I do a "soft" reset

What kind of computer are you running? What BIOS?  It could be a problem
in the BIOS not recognizing the card correctly.

JB

--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon