Xenix running DOS applications on 80286

Axel Fischer fischer at netmbx.UUCP
Tue Jan 24 05:30:46 AEST 1989

In article <4718 at xenna.Encore.COM> paradis at pinocchio.encore.com (Jim Paradis) writes:
>	(1) Anybody have any experiences with Microport Xenix
>	and/or Dos Merge on the 286?
Yes - I have made a lot of BAD experiences with it. I've used Microports
DOS/Merge 286 and very often the DOS Prg's have shutdown the WHOLE system,
because sometimes the DOS Prg's use the same memory page. The 286 is not able
to protect the Unix memory from the DOS memory. The DOS applications are trying
to use the same memory.
SCO has not a DOS/Merge for the 286 because of this reason.

-Axel
--
Domain:        fischer at netmbx.UUCP
Europe:        ...!tmpmbx!netmbx!fischer