Lost Space!

Theo A. DeRaadt deraadt at xenlink.UUCP
Wed Jan 18 07:07:43 AEST 1989

In article <10368 at well.UUCP>, dave at well.UUCP (Dave Hughes) writes:
#
# I really screwed up while trying to free up over 3000 blocks of disk
# space occupied by /usr/man - the online xenix manual. I tried
# mvdir but moved it to /u1, not only another file system but
# anoter drive! The top directroy moved, but of course
# none of thefiles, and when I rebooted, the directory disappeared
# but the df command showed the 3000 blocks still tied up!
# How can I free up that space - everything that was in subdirectyroy
# /usr/man?

I wish this stuff worked like in BSD. I actually did this once before
and lost a bunch too. I think an fsck cleaned up.
 <tdr.