bernoulli boxes

Mark J. Bailey root at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US
Fri Jan 6 15:23:17 AEST 1989

Hello,

I have a two 10 megabyte bernoulli box (over-under) that I bought through
Tandy.  I have had it sitting off of my old Tandy 6000 for many years.  In
the past month or so, my Tandy has acquired some sort of terminal illness
that recurs every other day.

I also have a Tandy 4000 (386/16 mHz).  I am wanting to hang my 10 meg
bernoulli drives on it under SCO Xenix 2.3.1.  SCO is supposed to have
drivers to support the unit.  However, a friend of mine told me today that
the 386 bus is too fast for the bernoulli drive controller that would
work on the 386.  He said it ran great for him on a 286.  But the 386
just crashed with the drives.

What I would like to know is if anyone out there has any experience
with hanging bernoulli drives (Tandy styled or not) on a 386, what
controller card did you use, and has anyone done this under SCO Xenix
2.3.1 (386)?????  Is there some things that you have to do special to
get it to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I hate to lose the usefulness
on my drives, but there may be no choice.  Please email responses and
I will repost a summary if warranted.

Thank you in advance,

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Y'all com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 ___________________________