bootable floppy: now what?

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Sun Jan 15 05:34:49 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jan12.222309.22766 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> milan at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Milan Strnad) writes:
>I've just started using SCO Xenix on a Compaq 386/25 with 9 Meg memory.
>Nice.  The docco states I can make a bootable floppy.  Well, I made one,
>and booted off of it, but now what?  As far as I can see, I can use
>almost none of the standard command to do system maintenance with.

The boot floppy is used to restore the root filesystem from a backup.
It can also be used to do some quick and dirty work on the root
filesystem if it doesn't want to boot.  If you are using a tape backup
then you will have to copy all of the tape utilities onto the floppy by
hand since the script only copies the bare minimum.

JB

--
Jonathan Bayer				"The time has come," the Walrus said...
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.