Sending C/Rs for UUCP login

Wm. Brian McCane news at brian386.UUCP
Wed Jan 18 05:59:54 AEST 1989

In article <10265 at well.UUCP> dave at well.UUCP (Dave Hughes) writes:

>  I have a simple (to most of you here) problem that the solution I was
>given that works with other flavors of unix, doesn't seem to for
>Xenix 386 2.2.2 uucp.
>  One uucp neighbor I am trying to connect to at 1200 baud, had a 2400
>baud modem that requires a c/r or two to set it to 1200 and
>present login. I tried to add the following to the L.sys login
>routine for that site' "" \d\d\d \r ogin:- at -ogin: uucp word: thepassword '
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>where the \r is supposed to send a c/r to his modem, but does not seem
>to under this flavor of uucp.

I think this should fix your problem, except I need to know if that is
exactly what you used.  It should be somthing like:

	<phone_number> "" \d\d\d\r\d\d\r ogin:- at -ogin: uucp word: passwd

Note there are no spaces in the \d's and \r's.  If you used what you
typed above, then you system expected nothing, waited app. 6 secs, and
then expected a carriage return.  If this doesn't work, you might try a
\c after each \r, I can't remember if that is necessary or not.

	brian