Reasonable minimum disk capacities for sco xenix

Mike Squires mikes at ncoast.UUCP
Fri Jan 13 15:42:18 AEST 1989

In article <8689 at alice.UUCP> debra at alice.UUCP () writes:
>In article <7064 at xanth.cs.odu.edu> paterra at xanth.cs.odu.edu (Frank C. Paterra) writes:
>}
>}Hi there Netlanders!!
>}
>}My company (after much prodding from me) has decided that we should use
>}our 16mhz, IBM PS/2 Model 80 as a xenix system.  Currently we have one
>}77 meg drive and 2 meg of ram.  The system will have to support ~10
>}users, but most of the time ~6 will be using it concurrently and the
>}major application will be Microsoft Word.  Now that I got the company
>}to sign up to it I have some concerns.
>}
One article reviewing systems subsceptible to the 386/387 interface bugsaid
that the PS 2/80 early production was especially likely to crash.  This is
apparently fixed by getting a D-step 386 or by buying Bell Technologies
patch board that fits under the 386.