VP/ix could be good... (long)

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.UUCP
Sat Jan 28 12:51:30 AEST 1989

In article <1130 at ssbn.WLK.COM> bill at ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
>have gotten 90 days of non-support...
>out that Jeff is stuck, I'm stuck, SCO's stuck, AT&T's stuck.  The difference
>is that SCO and AT&T have more resources to apply to getting Phoenix and
>ISC to get-it-right than Jeff and I do.  Jeff's frustration (and mine) is
>
>Is it hardware?  I doubt it, Jeff's mouse doesn't work, nor does mine.  I'll
>bet he's got the same EGA problems I do, I'd be amazed if he had the same EGA.

Hi Bill.  Not that ISC VP/ix 1.10 doesn't have bugs, but at least
the mouse works fine for me. I've used it in PC Paint Plus and in
Leisure Suit Larry 2 - Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places.  My
mouse is a serial mouse, maybe bus mice don't work?  Or maybe ISC
has a better incarnation of VP/ix?

I have seen weird things, though.  Like can't emulate instruction,
or something like that.  That only happened in the gangway to the
airplane in LSL2.  Consistently.  I had to boot real DOS, go down
the gangway, save the game, and then I finished the game under VP/ix.

Actually, my biggest gripe has been with the DOS applications.  They
seem to insist upon A-F being the only valid drive letters.  Z isn't
a choice.

--
Rick Richardson | JetRoff "di"-troff to LaserJet Postprocessor|uunet!pcrat!dry2
PC Research,Inc.| Mail: uunet!pcrat!jetroff; For anon uucp do:|for Dhrystone 2