Sending C/Rs for UUCP login

Dave Hughes dave at well.UUCP
Sun Jan 8 01:10:09 AEST 1989

  I have a simple (to most of you here) problem that the solution I was
given that works with other flavors of unix, doesn't seem to for
Xenix 386 2.2.2 uucp.
  One uucp neighbor I am trying to connect to at 1200 baud, had a 2400
baud modem that requires a c/r or two to set it to 1200 and
present login. I tried to add the following to the L.sys login
routine for that site' "" \d\d\d \r ogin:- at -ogin: uucp word: thepassword '
where the \r is supposed to send a c/r to his modem, but does not seem
to under this flavor of uucp.
 WHat else can I try there - or by modification of the dialer?
Dave Hughes
hplabs!well!dave