Miniscribe drive - quick advice

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Thu Jul 27 14:16:30 AEST 1989

In article <1345 at crdgw1.crd.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>In article <317 at csense.UUCP> bote at csense.UUCP (John Boteler) writes:
>
>| I am posting this article using a 386 system with a 1166 cylinder
>| Priam hard disk drive, partitioned into 33MB DOS  and the rest
>| for Xenix. I guess it is working. Note: this is an ST-506 interface,
>| but the DTC6280 utilizes ESDI.
>
>  Is this a special version of Xenix? My impression was that Xenix only
>went to 1024 cylinders.

No special mapping necessary.

We have installed (~ 4 weeks ago) a Xenix system with a 170MB ESDI drive,
which had 1224 cyls.

Just set it up in the dkinit for 1224 X 7, and it works fine.  I have
_disabled_ the BIOS ROMS on the controller, so I know that it is not doing
any remapping or other "funny stuff".

Works like a champ.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 312 566-8911], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]