SCO's HDB and "long" site name

Nick Pemberton nick at aimed.UUCP
Tue Jun 27 08:08:24 AEST 1989

In article <25743 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, ked at garnet.berkeley.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) writes:
> In article <10034 at dasys1.UUCP> jpr at jpradley.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:
> >

> >But this version of uucp truncates my nodename to seven bytes.
     [discussion of name length deleted]

Where exactly does the truncation occur? I know that our site, 'aimed',
and the upstream site 'ncrcan' (which is an NCR tower) both run hdb, and
both tend to do truncations in things like the filenames being passed back
and forth. But at the actual opening handshake of uucp (^PShere...), the
full name is present. Where else is it fouling up?

Much curious...