2.3.1 text corruption

William G. Bunton wgb at tntdev.tnt.COM
Tue Jun 6 06:09:30 AEST 1989

In article <3571 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:

> In article <26353 at lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> carlson at lll-winken.LLNL.GOV (Joe Carlson) writes:
> >
> >        I am experiencing a rather odd corruption problem under XENIX 386
> >2.3.1.  Basically it appears that the in-core version of certain heavily
> >used programs appears to get corrupted every once in a while. I believe that
> >I have eliminated hardware trouble as the cause of this.
>
> I wouldn't be so sure.

I wouldn't be either. I saw some really strange things happening on a
Motorola machine. I would be editing in MicroEmacs, and would suddenly
find myself in vi instead. Turned out the system had a bad cache
controller board. So I would check your cache controller if you have
cache memory.

Bill
--
William G. Bunton            wgb at tntdev.tnt.com     {uunet,natinst}!tntdev!wgb