Filenames -- converting

Manfred Brands mbrands at idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl
Fri Jun 9 17:25:41 AEST 1989

In article <25879 at beta.lanl.gov> srb at beta.UUCP ( Steve Berger ) writes:

> I have a directory with all the filenames in Uppercase letters.
> I'd like to move them all to lowercase.

Try:

	for file in *
	do
		mv $file `echo $file | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`
	done

I use it when I have transferred files from my DOS system to a UNIX system
using Kermit.

Manfred.

--
# Manfred Brands                       INTERNET:  mbrands at idca.tds.philips.nl #
# Philips TDS, Dept. SSP               UUCP:      ...!mcvax!philapd!mbrands   #