Tape back on SCO - suggestions??

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.Dallas.TX.US
Thu Jun 29 09:36:03 AEST 1989

In article <24A22AC7.14780 at ateng.com> chip at ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>Tecmar tapes, on the other hand, work like a champ.

We see pretty much the same here using their QT-60e drive.  I wish the
tape streamed a little more steady, but that isn't necessarily the tape's
fault.

My one caution is under no circumstances follow Tecmar's recommendation
and get the Sytos XENIX drivers.  I don't even know if they still do this
now that SCO's tape driver supports this unit.  The Sytos drivers are
exceedingly brain dead (e.g. system hangs during rewind), and these folks
will not support the drivers.
--
Chip Rosenthal / chip at vector.Dallas.TX.US / Dallas Semiconductor / 214-450-5337
"I wish you'd put that starvation box down and go to bed" - Albert Collins' Mom