load average on Xenix (was lload on Xenix)

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.Dallas.TX.US
Thu Jun 15 12:42:15 AEST 1989

pcng at cad.unsw.oz (Po Cheung Ng (Andrew)) writes:
>There are couple of Xenix internels inside the kernel to handle
>load average and up time.

I was playing around with this in 2.3.1, and it appears that you have
something like:

	short avenrun[3];

in the kernel, and the load average values are these values divided
by 256.0.  I came upon 256 emperically ... is there any particular
reason or precedent for this magic cookie?  It isn't documented in
any <sys/*.h> file that I could find.
--
Chip Rosenthal / chip at vector.Dallas.TX.US / Dallas Semiconductor / 214-450-5337
"I wish you'd put that starvation box down and go to bed" - Albert Collins' Mom