select() call (was Load Average)

Jim Morton jim at applix.UUCP
Fri Jun 30 23:57:05 AEST 1989

> >SCO: Thanks for fixing the select() call bug from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 !
> ... that the select() call was now supported, I thought I'd investigate..
> The first thing I noticed was a total lack of mention of it in the
> documentation (or am I missing something?).
> ... aid of the manuals wrote a test program to poll a couple of fifo's.
> This worked fine! Okay, move the code to the Xenix box and try to run
> it there... No way will it work!

The select() call is documented in the 2.3 select(S) manual page, and
the code is in the libc library. Also, I just found out yesterday that to
have select() work on FIFOS you need to get SLS fix #xnx141, which just
got submitted. I believe this fix requires Xenix 2.3.2.
--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
...uunet!applix!jim    jim at applix.com